Gibson & Sharps dedicates an entire group of attorneys to providing consultative services to the firm’s clients. Cumulatively, attorneys in this group have more than 50 years of experience in the area of subrogation, with a number of them licensed in multiple states. Their focus is to offer pre-litigation services to Gibson & Sharps clients as well as operational divisions of strategic partner Trover Solutions, Inc. These pre-litigation services include telephone calls, letter campaigns and legal advice to clients.
Gibson & Sharps’ consultative services include:
- Consultation – Reviewing files and offering legal advice to clients (CRRs).
- Contract Reviews - Reviewing clients’ plan language and making recommendations to strengthen the subrogation provision in order to facilitate recoveries.
- Legal research - Conducting legal research on subrogation issues presented by the clients.
- Legal training - offered to clients on a monthly basis.
- Manuals - creating, updating and offering state (subrogation) law manuals.
- Negotiation - both small and large loss claims.
The goal of Gibson and Sharps is to make maximum recoveries for the client. Therefore one of the duties of this group of attorneys is to pre-screen files for litigation and if possible attempt to negotiate a recovery on a file without resorting to litigation. As a result, both the firm and the client are spared from litigating all files and the associated wasted expense.